Download the Free GoingFor2 App by Clicking Here...
MLB DFS Pitcher Chart & Lineup Advice – 7/6/2017
Last Updated: 7/6/2017 – 9:35 AM CT
Sale is the top pitcher on Thursday as he faces the Rays in Tropicana Field. The Rays strike out 26.5% of the time against lefties, 2nd highest rate in the league. Sale costs $13,300 on DraftKings, but will be locked into my cash game lineup. There are seven pitchers priced above $10,000, and the cheapest palatable option is over $8,000. It’s a day where you’ll have to pay up for pitching, and Sale has the highest floor and ceiling of all of them.
Hill faces the Diamonbacks in Dodger Stadium. The Diamondbacks struggle against lefties, and after what Clayton Kershaw and Alex Wood have done to them over the past two games, I’m expecting Hill to dominate this matchup as well. The Diamondbacks have the worst wRC+ against lefties and strike out 25.3% of the time. Hill has the lowest OTT on the slate and is a heavy favorite. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to afford both Hill and Sale, but I’m going to try to fit both in cash games due to the high prices of other pitchers.
The Red Sox take a huge park hit traveling to Tropicana Field. Faria has pitched well to start the year averaging 24 DK points per game and never dropping below 16.7. The Red Sox don’t strike out much, but rank 14th in wRC+ against righties. Faria has an OTT of four, which is solid enough for his price. I don’t love the matchup, but considering the $8,300 price tag, I’m considering Faria as my SP2 if I can’t fit Rich Hill.
If you’re playing tournaments, you’ll be able to afford some of the top bats if you aren’t paying for pitching.
- Coors bats are the top options of the day if you’re playing the all day or early slate.
- Nolan Arenado is my favorite play followed by Charlie Blackmon and Joey Votto.
- Anthony Rizzo and the Cubs also have a great matchup against Zach Davies.
- Rizzo is the top option on the Cubs, but Kris Bryant’s cheap price make him a great pivot from Arenado at third base.
- Bryce Harper will face a righty with a huge platoon split so I love his bat for tournaments as well.
Cash Game Bats
In cash games, I’m going to do everything I can to fit both Sale and Hill. To do that, I’ll have to find some value bats, and might have to pick on some pitchers who are actually good.
- DraftKings has priced the Orioles down too much considering the ballpark and matchup. Berrios is good, but slightly overrated at this point in his career.
- Manny Machado ($3,900) and Adam Jones ($2,900) are obvious value plays against Jose Berrios. I’ll have at least Jones and Machado and may completely punt with Ruben Tejada ($2,200) if he’s in the lineup.
- Brian Dozier ($3,900) struggled in a great matchup yesterday and might be hurt, but I’ll gamble on his cheap price one more time.
- Wil Myers ($3,800) will face Josh Tomlin who’s given up at least 1.78 HR/9 in each of the past three seasons.
The pitching chart will be updated often. Make sure to check back for the newest information, especially if a column is currently incomplete!
|M. Wacha||STL||R||-160||4||4.5||0.5||22.7||5 2/3|
|T. Chatwood||COL||R||-165||5.5||4||-1.5||19.8||5 1/3|
|C. Kuhl||PIT||R||-128||4||3.5||-0.5||18.7||4 2/3|
|M. Foltynewicz||ATL||R||+165||5||4.5||-0.5||20.2||5 1/3|
|R. Ray||ARI||L||+145||4||7.5||3.5||31||6 1/3|
|R. Hill||LAD||L||-157||3||6.5||3.5||26.3||6 1/3|
|L. McCullers||HOU||R||-157||3.5||6.5||3||29.1||5 2/3|
|F. Liriano||TOR||L||+145||5||4||-1||20.5||4 1/3|
|C. Sale||BOS||L||-160||3||9.5||6.5||35.5||7 1/3|
|J. Faria||TBR||R||+147||4||5||1||27.6||5 2/3|
|D. Bundy||BAL||R||+143||5||4.5||-0.5||19||4 2/3|
|J. Berrios||MIN||R||-155||4||5.5||1.5||24.6||5 2/3|
|P. Blackburn||OAK||R||+132||4.5||3||-1.5||16.7||5 1/3|
|S. Gaviglio||SEA||R||-143||4||3.5||-0.5||14.9||4 2/3|
|J. Cueto||SFG||R||+102||4.5||5||0.5||21.2||5 2/3|
|J. Tomlin||CLE||R||-180||4||4||0||17||5 2/3|
|Z. Davies||MIL||R||+151||5||3.5||-1.5||14.9||4 2/3|
|M. Montgomery||CHC||L||-164||4||5||1||19.6||5 1/3|
L/R = Lefty or Righty
$Line = Money Line
OTT = Opposing team’s run total
K = Projected Strikeouts
+/- = OTT-K
K% = Strikeout Percentage
IP = Innings Projection
Many factors can change between the time I write this article and the time lineups lock. I’ll do my best to update the article, so checking back frequently is encouraged. You can also ask questions on Twitter @fantasbeast15. I’ll do my best to get to all of them!